- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 2-layer-sizeyellow or white cake mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 recipeCream Cheese Frosting or one 16-ounce can cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, milk, oil, vanilla, ginger, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in carrot and raisins. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
2. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle with the nuts. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars.
- Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (half of an 8-ounce package)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until frosting is spreadable.