Caramelized Apple Wedges
- In a large skillet melt the butter or margarine. Add the apples and the 1/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the eggs, the 1/2 cup sugar, flour, lemon juice, water, baking powder, and cinnamon. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange cooked apple slices in pie plate. Sprinkle almonds over apples. Pour egg mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until it is lightly browned around the edges and center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled. If desired, sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into wedges to serve. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Caramelized Apple Wedges)
- Per serving:
- 150 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 57 mg chol.,
- 46 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet