Banana-Stuffed French Toast
1-inch-thick slices French bread
cup mashed ripe banana (1 small banana)
tablespoons whipped cream cheese
cup finely chopped peanuts or pecans
teaspoon ground cinnamon
Maple-flavor syrup and/or powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet; set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket horizontally into each French bread slice, cutting from the top crust almost to the bottom crust.
- In a small bowl stir together banana and cream cheese. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of the banana-cream cheese mixture into each pocket.
- In a shallow bowl beat together eggs, milk, and vanilla. In a pie plate stir together peanuts, sugar, and cinnamon. Dip the stuffed bread slices into the egg mixture, turning to coat. Dip into the nut mixture, turning to coat.
- Place the stuffed bread slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake about 6 minutes or until golden brown. Turn slices over. Bake about 5 minutes more or until golden brown. If desired, serve with maple-flavor syrup and/or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts(Banana-Stuffed French Toast)
- Per serving:
- 605 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 204 mg chol.,
- 637 mg sodium,
- 62 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet