- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a large bowl beat the 1 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the 2 cups flour, cinnamon, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Press crust mixture evenly onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For filling, in another large bowl beat the 1/2 cup butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, mashed bananas, rum, and the 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until combined. Beat in the 2 cups flour. Spread filling over cooled crust in pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost uncut bars with Cinnamon-Rum Frosting. To serve, cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- In a large bowl combine butter, and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and ground cinnamon. Beat in vanilla and enough rum or milk to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Banana-Rum Bars)
- Per serving:
- 259 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 173 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet