Banana-Multigrain Streusel Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line twenty to twenty-two 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Lightly coat bake cups with cooking spray. (Or coat muffin cups with cooking spray.) Set aside. In a large bowl combine oil and peanut butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, beating until combined. Add egg, cereal, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; beat just until combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to banana mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Sprinkle Streusel Crunch Topping evenly over batter in muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and muffin tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
To make 1 cup sour milk, place 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 cup total liquid; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
Streusel Crunch Topping
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add oil, stirring until combined.
Nutrition Facts (Banana-Multigrain Streusel Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 143 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet