- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine mashed bananas, brown sugar, coconut milk, egg, and oil. Add banana mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and coconut.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, covering loaf loosely with foil for the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Per Serving with Substitute: Same as above, except 139 cal., 19 g carb., 127 mg sodium. Exchanges: 0.5 carb. Carb choices: 1.
**Test Kitchen Tip:
Stir the can of coconut milk well before measuring out the 1/3 cup to use in this bread.
Nutrition Facts (Banana-Coconut Bread)
- Per serving:
- 154 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 130 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet