Banana-Clementine Wacky Cake with Pomegranate Sauce
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon finely shredded clementine peel or tangerine peel
teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg or ground nutmeg
cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
tablespoons butter, melted
cup clementine juice or tangerine juice
cup chopped mixed nuts or pecans
recipe Pomegranate Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an 8x8x2-inch baking pan stir together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, clementine peel, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add bananas, melted butter, clementine juice, and vinegar to the flour mixture; stir just until combined, making sure to stir to the corners of the pan. Sprinkle nuts over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (center may dip slightly). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve with Pomegranate Sauce.
cup currant jelly
cup pomegranate seeds
tablespoons clementine juice or tangerine juice
- In a small saucepan heat and stir currant jelly until melted. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in pomegranate seeds and clementine juice.
Nutrition Facts(Banana-Clementine Wacky Cake with Pomegranate Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 368 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 298 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 41 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet