- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle Streusel-Nut Topping over batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (if necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning). Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts.
Nutrition Facts (Banana Bread )
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 26 mg chol.,
- 108 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
linda 1436 Days Ago
This is the most moist and dense and tasty banana bread I have found, especially with that streusel topping baked into it on top. And all I have shared it with like it. I also include some craisins for a bit of tartness.