Balsamic Vinegar-Ruby Port Jelly
cup balsamic vinegar
cup coarsely shredded orange peel
cups ruby port
of a 6-ounce package (1 foil pouch) liquid fruit pectin
- In a small saucepan combine vinegar and orange peel. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until cool. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard peel.
- In a 4- to 6-quart heavy pot combine the reduced vinegar, sugar, and port. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 4 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts(Balsamic Vinegar-Ruby Port Jelly)
- Per serving:
- 50 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet