Balsamic Vinegar and Honey Pulled-Pork Sliders
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In the cooker combine onion and sweet pepper. Add meat; sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Pour broth over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, for barbecue sauce, in a medium saucepan combine vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Use two forks to pull meat apart into shreds, discarding any fat. Strain vegetable mixture, discarding liquid. Return shredded meat and vegetables to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cover and cook for 1 hour on low-heat setting.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw and pickles. Cover with bun tops.
Nutrition Facts (Balsamic Vinegar and Honey Pulled-Pork Sliders)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 44 mg chol. ,
- 487 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.
Cheri LaFleur 1234 Days Ago
Just made these sliders for the July 4th weekend and they were delish! The bbq sauce complimented the pork nicely. I will save the recipe to make again in the future. Yum!