Baked Ham with Mustard-Plum Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan stir together jam, pomegranate juice, and cloves. Heat over low heat until melted and combined. Spoon half of the jam mixture over ham. Tent with foil. Roast for 1 to 1-1/2 hours more or until internal temperature of ham is 140 degrees F. Remove ham from oven and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir mustard into remaining jam mixture; heat through.
- For leeks, trim root ends and tough green ends. Halve leeks lengthwise. Remove and discard tough outer layers of leeks. Rinse well. Arrange leek halves in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons water. Sprinkle leeks lightly with salt and pepper and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Cover with foil. Bake in the oven with the ham for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes more or until leeks are tender* and topping is brown.
- To serve, spoon some of the remaining jam mixture over the ham. Slice ham and serve with remaining jam mixture and leeks. Garnish with sage leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
Leeks are tender when they yield easily when pierced with a fork.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Ham with Mustard-Plum Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 69 mg chol.,
- 1001 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet