Baked Chicken Breasts with Black Bean Rice Pilaf
tablespoons finely shredded lime peel
teaspoons kosher salt
teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon ground coriander
chicken breast halves with bone (about 4 pounds total)
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
cup long grain white rice
cup chopped onion
cup chopped carrot
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon cumin seed
cup fresh snipped cilantro
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl combine the lime peel, 2 teaspoons of the kosher salt, ground ancho chile pepper, garlic powder, and coriander. Rub mixture over chicken and arrange skin-side down in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Broil chicken 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and broil for 5 to 6 minutes more or until skin is brown and lightly crisp. Remove chicken from oven. Set oven to 350 degrees F. Return chicken to oven and bake about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan stir together the broth, beans, uncooked rice, onion, carrot, oregano, cumin seed, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve chicken and rice with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts(Baked Chicken Breasts with Black Bean Rice Pilaf)
- Per serving:
- 613 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 152 mg chol.,
- 1506 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 53 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet