Baked Apple-Spice Doughnuts
- Coat six indentations of a doughnut pan or nine 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup sugar, whole wheat flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl combine egg and yogurt. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined (do not overmix). Gently fold in apple.
- Spoon batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe batter into the prepared doughnut pan indentations or muffin cups. Lightly coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Place plastic wrap, coated side down, over doughnut batter. Chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap. Bake about 15 minutes or until doughnuts are light golden brown and spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully invert pan to remove doughnuts.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. As soon as doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip into cinnamon-sugar to coat. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Apple-Spice Doughnuts)
- Per serving:
- 238 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 52 mg chol.,
- 391 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet