Bacon-Mushroom Quiche with Gruyere and Thyme
of a 15-ounce package (1 crust) rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust
cups chopped fresh mushrooms (4 ounces)
cup shredded Gruyere cheese (3 ounces)
cup chopped green onions (2)
tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
eggs, lightly beaten
8 ounce carton sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Let piecrust stand according to package directions. Ease piecrust into a 9-inch tart pan that has a removable bottom. Press pastry into fluted sides of pan; trim edge. Do not prick pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add mushrooms to the reserved drippings; cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in crumbled bacon, green onions, and thyme. In a medium bowl combine eggs and sour cream. Stir in bacon mixture and cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.* Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Place quiche in an airtight container; cover. Chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place quiche on a baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until warm in center. Cut into thin wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
To serve right away, cool quiche on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into thin wedges.
Nutrition Facts(Bacon-Mushroom Quiche with Gruyere and Thyme)
- Per serving:
- 363 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 114 mg chol.,
- 353 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet