Bacon-Mushroom Quiche with Gruyere and Thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Let piecrust stand according to package directions. Ease piecrust into a 9-inch tart pan that has a removable bottom. Press pastry into fluted sides of pan; trim edge. Do not prick pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add mushrooms to the reserved drippings; cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in crumbled bacon, green onions, and thyme. In a medium bowl combine eggs and sour cream. Stir in bacon mixture and cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.* Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Place quiche in an airtight container; cover. Chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place quiche on a baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until warm in center. Cut into thin wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
To serve right away, cool quiche on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into thin wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Bacon-Mushroom Quiche with Gruyere and Thyme)
- Per serving:
- 363 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 114 mg chol.,
- 353 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Oksana Bolanos 698 Days Ago
It's just an omlette with mushrooms which you're going to reheat. Have you tried reheated omlette? Yes, it's yucky