- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup whole almonds or pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 24 unpitted whole medjool dates (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. In a small bowl combine bacon, almonds, and cheese.
2. Make a slit down one side of each date; spread open and remove pit. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the bacon mixture into each date; press date to shape around filling (filling will still be exposed). Arrange dates, filling sides up, on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Cool slightly.
4. Before serving, drizzle warm dates with honey and sprinkle with thyme.
- cal. (kcal) 112,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 4,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 21,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 18,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- sodium (mg) 79,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet