- Yields: 24 appetizers
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 12 mins 375°F
Bacon-Filled Medjool Dates
cup whole almonds or pecan halves, toasted and chopped
cup finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
unpitted whole medjool dates (about 1 pound)
teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. In a small bowl combine bacon, almonds, and cheese.
- Make a slit down one side of each date; spread open and remove pit. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the bacon mixture into each date; press date to shape around filling (filling will still be exposed). Arrange dates, filling sides up, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Before serving, drizzle warm dates with honey and sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition Facts (Bacon-Filled Medjool Dates)
- 112 kcal cal.;
- 3 g Fat, total;
- 4 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 21 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 18 g sugar;
- 2 g pro.;
- 49 IU vit. A;
- 79 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet