Bacon and Egg Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor combine bread, 1 Tbsp. Parmesan, and 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil. Cover and process until coarse crumbs form. Spread in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain well on paper towels. Tear bacon into large pieces; set aside. Keep skillet warm reserving 1 to 2 Tbsp. of the drippings in the skillet.
- In the same large pot used for the pasta cook garlic in remaining 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add salt and crushed red pepper. Add cooked pasta and remaining Parmesan to saucepan. Add enough reserved pasta water to desired consistency; toss to coat.
- In the large skillet heat bacon drippings over medium heat. Break eggs into the skillet. Reduce heat to low; cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Divide spaghetti among 4 plates. Top with bacon and toasted bread crumbs. Serve with eggs. Sprinkle with chives, Parmesan cheese, and pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Bacon and Egg Spaghetti)
- Per serving:
- 470 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 205 mg chol.,
- 776 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Angela 1462 Days Ago
I cooked this for my family even though they all doubted it was good. I dislike pasta completely, but it seemed easy and cheap.... It was DEVOURED by everyone! My 6 year old ate her whole helping and asked for more, and my husband ate two servings. Even I ate all of serving! Can't wait to make it again! HIGHLY recommend!
The Mom Chef 1577 Days Ago
What a fantastic dish. This is basically a deconstructed spaghetti carbonara, which I love. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/Z6DQtt