Baby Cheesecakes with Toffee Pears
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line eight 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with foil or paper bake cups, or lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- For crust, in a small bowl stir together oats, the 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, the 1/4 cup brown sugar, and the 3 tablespoons melted butter. Spoon about 2 rounded tablespoons of oat mixture into each prepared muffin cup. Using the bottom of a narrow glass, press down lightly. Bake about 8 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- For filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add egg; beat just until combined. Stir in the 1/2 cup blue cheese and the sour cream.
- Spoon 1 well-rounded tablespoon of filling into each muffin cup. Bake about 20 minutes or until slightly puffed and set. Cool about 30 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Place on a tray, cover, and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- For toffee pears, in a large skillet melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the 1/2 cup brown sugar and the cream. Cook and stir until bubbly; add pears. Cook about 5 minutes or until pears are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- To serve, remove foil or paper liners from cheesecakes. Place cheesecakes in eight dessert dishes. Spoon pear mixture around cheesecakes. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup toasted walnuts and additional blue cheese. If desired, garnish with orange peel curls.
Nutrition Facts (Baby Cheesecakes with Toffee Pears)
- Per serving:
- 454 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 90 mg chol.,
- 257 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet