Aztec Hot Chocolate
cups half-and-half or whole milk
teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
cups semisweet chocolate pieces
recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
Ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a large bowl combine milk, half-and-half, coffee powder, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the ground chipotle chile pepper. If desired, cover bowl and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Transfer mixture to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in chocolate pieces. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 hours, whisking vigorously once halfway through cooking time. Serve immediately or keep warm on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- Before serving, whisk well. To serve, ladle beverage into heatproof mugs or cups. If desired, garnish each serving with whipped cream and/or sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
cup whipping cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts(Aztec Hot Chocolate)
- Per serving:
- 197 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 21 mg chol.,
- 53 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet