Avocado Melts with Arugula
- Preheat broiler. Place bread slices on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil about 5 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted, turning once halfway through broiling. Remove from broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine avocados and cumin. Coarsely mash with a fork or potato masher (mixture should still be chunky). Spread avocado mixture on toasted bread slices. Top with tomato and cheese slices; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave jelly on 100 percent power (high) for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted and slightly bubbly. Stir in lime juice; cool. Add arugula to jelly mixture; toss to coat.
- Return sandwiches to broiler. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. To serve, top sandwiches with arugula mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find reduced-fat Monterey jack cheese slices, then slice 3- to 4-oz from a block of reduced-fat Monterey jack cheese and divide evenly among sandwiches. Or replace the reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese slices with reduced-fat slices of cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Avocado Melts with Arugula)
- Per serving:
- 378 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 23 mg chol.,
- 516 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet