Asparagus, Zucchini, and Yellow Pepper Frittata with Fontina
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- If using fresh asparagus, snap off and discard woody bases. If desired, scrape off scales. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan bring about 1 inch of water to boiling. Add asparagus, sweet pepper strips, and onion. Return just to boiling; reduce heat slightly. Boil, covered, about 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Drain well; set aside a few asparagus tips for garnish. Spread the asparagus-pepper mixture evenly in prepared baking dish. Layer with zucchini slices.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Pour over vegetables in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with the reserved asparagus tips.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus, Zucchini, and Yellow Pepper Frittata with Fontina)
- Per serving:
- 186 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 253 mg chol.,
- 541 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Gayle Whitsitt 395 Days Ago
We really enjoyed this casserole! I added 3 cups of cubed, french bread and turned it into a strata for a special occasion ( dry your bread cubes out a little and increase your eggs to 12 to cover the addition). It is great either way and really made the vegetarians in our group very happy.