Asian-Style Fried Rice and Beans
- Quarter pineapple slices. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add pineapple; cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Pour the remaining 1 teaspoon oil into the hot skillet. Add carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in brown rice, garbanzo beans, and peas. Add soy sauce. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the 1/3 cup cilantro. Return pineapple to skillet; heat through.
- To serve, squeeze lime over pineapple mixture. If desired, top with additional cilantro leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh ginger is a freezer gem. Place unpeeled ginger in a freezer bag. When a recipe calls for fresh ginger, peel and grate in its frozen state, no thawing required.
Leftover or quick-cooking microwaveable rice also works great.
Nutrition Facts(Asian-Style Fried Rice and Beans)
- Per serving:
- 350 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 711 mg sodium,
- 65 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet