Asian Pickled Carrots
- In a covered large saucepan, cook carrots with salt in a small amount of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Pack carrots into sterilized half-pint canning jars or other jars. Divide fresh ginger among jars; place one of the whole allspice in each jar.
- In a small stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick heavy saucepan, combine the 3/4 water, vinegar, brown sugar, cloves, and peppercorns. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over carrots. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids. Cool. Seal and label. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Asian Pickled Carrots)
- Per serving:
- 18 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 135 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet