- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup dip
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°
- Cool: 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place artichoke hearts in a fine-mesh sieve. To remove excess liquid, firmly press on artichoke hearts with paper towels. Chop artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- Stack the 2 ounces prosciutto or the 2 bacon slices; snip or cut cut crosswise into thin strips. Separate pieces as much as possible. In a medium skillet cook and stir prosciutto or bacon over medium heat about 2 minutes or until brown and slightly crisp. Add arugula; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together sour cream and flour until combined. Stir in mayonnaise and roasted peppers. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, the green onions, artichokes, and the arugula mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese (if desired, set aside 1 tablespoon of the cheese to sprinkle on just before serving).
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and mixture is hot in center. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional prosciutto or bacon and any reserved cheese. Serve dip with crackers and/or baguette slices.
Prepare Asiago-Artichoke Dip as directed, except omit prosciutto and omit Step 2. Increase arugula to 2 cups. Substitute light sour cream for the sour cream and reduced-fat mayonnaise for the mayonnaise. Omit the 1/4 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese sprinkled on top. Serve with assorted vegetable dippers.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 96 calories, 2 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 7 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 1 g total sugar, 4% Vitamin A, 31% Vitamin C, 192 mg sodium, 7% calcium, 2% iron
Prepare Asiago-Artichoke Dip as directed through Step 2. Let arugula mixture cool for 15 minutes before proceeding with Step 3. Omit flour. In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, roasted peppers, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the 1/4 cup green onions, artichokes, and the arugula mixture. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. If dip thickens when chilled, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk. Sprinkle with only 1 tablespoon cheese before serving. Garnish with an additional 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 142 calories, 3 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 13 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 1 g total sugar, 4% Vitamin A, 30% Vitamin C, 305 mg sodium, 7% calcium, 1% iron
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 26 mg chol.,
- 324 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet