Artisanal Bread Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large roasting pan combine bread cubes and pine nuts. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until bread cubes are crisp and pine nuts are lightly browned, tossing once. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a large skillet cook fennel and onions in hot butter over medium-high heat about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives, thyme, and pepper.
- In a very large bowl combine bread cubes and pine nuts and fennel mixture, tossing to combine. Drizzle with chicken broth to moisten, tossing gently to combine.
- Spoon stuffing into prepared baking dish. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes more or until the stuffing is heated through. If desired, chop reserved fennel greens and sprinkle on top.
From the Test Kitchen
Toast the bread cubes and pine nuts in Step 1 and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day. Chop the fennel and onion; place in airtight containers. Cover and chill for up to 6 hours before preparing stuffing.
Nutrition Facts (Artisanal Bread Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 319 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 20 mg chol.,
- 818 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet