- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 fresh apricots, peeled, pitted, and chopped, or one 15.25-ounce can peeled whole apricots, drained and chopped*
- 1/2 cup packaged herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
1. In a small saucepan cook onion and celery in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in apricots, stuffing mix, and ginger; set aside.
2. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
3. Spoon the stuffing mixture evenly over chicken pieces. Fold in the side edges; roll up from bottom edge. Secure with wooden toothpicks. In a small bowl, stir together apricot jam and vinegar.
4. For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place chicken on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing occasionally with the apricot jam mixture during the last 5 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium; adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.) Remove and discard toothpicks.
- You can substitute four dried apricots, snipped, for canned apricots. (If using dried apricots, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons apricot jam to moisten stuffing mixture.)
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 246,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 66,
- carb. (g) 21,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 28,
- sodium (mg) 169,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet