- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine milk, dates, and salt; heat until steaming. Remove from heat. Stir in apple and vanilla; cool. Add egg and oil; stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together pecans, brown sugar, butter, the 1 teaspoon flour, and the cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the 1-1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, and baking soda. Add milk mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with pecan mixture.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Apple-Date Cake)
- Per serving:
- 179 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 151 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Faye Evans 1463 Days Ago
I'm about to make this cake for the third time. The only change I make is to double the recipe, and it is exceptional for a healthy cake! The flavor is even better on the second day.