Apple-Cinnamon Streusel Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a large bowl stir together flour, oats, granulated sugar, the 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and ginger. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. For topping, set aside 1 cup of the crust mixture. Press remaining crust mixture evenly and firmly onto the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- For filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese, apples, walnuts, sweetened condensed milk, maple syrup, and the 1 teaspoon cinnamon with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Spread filling over crust in pan. Sprinkle evenly with reserved topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is light brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For icing, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and enough of the milk to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over uncut bars. To serve, cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Test Kitchen Tip
To easily remove bars from a pan, line the pan with aluminum foil.
Nutrition Facts (Apple-Cinnamon Streusel Bars)
- Per serving:
- 203 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 72 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet