- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 red or green cooking apples, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple brandy
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup nonfat dairy sour cream
1. In a large skillet, heat half of the oil and half of the butter over medium heat until bubbly. Add apples; saute for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a platter; set aside.
2. Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil and butter to skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add half of chicken to skillet; cook about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to platter with apples. Repeat with remaining chicken. Wipe out skillet. Return all chicken to skillet.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together cider, brandy, and cinnamon; add to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, turning chicken halfway through cooking. Add apples to skillet; cover and cook about 20 minutes or until apples are tender and chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F in breasts, 180 degrees F in thighs and drumsticks). Transfer chicken and apples to a serving platter; keep warm.
4. Bring liquid in skillet to a boil. Boil gently until it barely coats bottom of skillet. Remove from heat; whisk in sour cream until well blended. Return chicken and apples to skillet. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 354,
- Fat, total (g) 17,
- chol. (mg) 84,
- carb. (g) 20,
- pro. (g) 25,
- sodium (mg) 455,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet