- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 7 - 8 inches flour tortillas
- 1 5.2ounce carton Boursin cheese or one 5-ounce container semi soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 7 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked roast beef, pork, ham, or turkey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Spread each flour tortilla with 1/3 of the Boursin cheese or semisoft cheese with garlic and herbs. Add a layer of the large basil leaves to cover cheese. Divide roasted red sweet pepper strips between the tortillas; arrange roasted red pepper strips over the basil leaves 1 to 2 inches apart. Top with meat slices. Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise or salad dressing over the meat on each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas tightly, into a spiral, enclosing the filling. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Chill the tortilla rolls in the refrigerator 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
2. To serve, remove the rolls from the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrap from the tortilla rolls; cut each of the rolls into 1-inch slices (make diagonal slices, if desired). Garnish with the remaining basil leaves, if desired. Skewer each of the cut tortilla rolls on frilly picks or on short decorative skewers, if desired. Makes about 24 pinwheels.