- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Chocolate-rolled sugar ice cream cone
- Candy pumpkins
- Waxed paper
- Purchased unfrosted plain or chocolate cake doughnut
- Canned chocolate icing
- Nonpareils or sprinkles
- Orange Starburst candy or candy-coated gum (we used mini Chiclets)
- Yellow Starburst candy or candy-coated gum (we used mini Chiclets)
- Green Starburst candy or candy-coated gum (we used mini Chiclets)
1. Melt semisweet chocolate according to the package instructions. Holding the open end of the cone, dip the bottom half at an angle into the melted chocolate. Immediately press candy pumpkins into the chocolate. Place the cone on waxed paper and let sit until the chocolate sets.
2. Frost the top and side surfaces of a doughnut with icing. Sprinkle icing with nonpareils or sprinkles. Center the open end of the cone on the frosted doughnut. Use a sharp knife to cut candies or gum pieces into quarters and adhere them around the bottom of the hat with icing.