Wild Mushroom Dip
cups dry white wine such as Chardonnay
1/2 ounce container dried wild mushrooms, mixed variety (find dried wild mushrooms in your grocery store produce department)
8 ounce package cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
teaspoon dried tarragon
teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white wine on high-heat setting for 3 to 5 minutes. Place dried mushrooms in wine and let sit for 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms to a food processor, reserving liquid. Cover and process until the consistency of coarse paste.
- In a large bowl combine pureed mushroom, 2/3 cup reserved mushroom liquid, and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly and pour in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours, stirring once halfway through. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Wild Mushroom Dip)
- Per serving:
- 270 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 56 mg chol.,
- 751 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet