Veggie Spring Rolls with Chimichurri Sauce
- Prepare Chimichurri Sauce. In a medium bowl combine half of the sauce, the lettuce, carrots, zucchini, jicama, and green onions. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes to allow vegetables to soften slightly and absorb flavor from the sauce, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill the remaining sauce until ready to serve.
- To assemble, pour warm water into a pie plate. Carefully dip a rice paper into the water; transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Let stand for several seconds to soften. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the vegetable mixture just below the center of the rice paper. Tightly roll up rice paper from the bottom, tucking in one side as you roll.
- Repeat with the remaining rice papers and vegetable mixture. Serve spring rolls with the remaining sauce and rice vinegar.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed. Layer spring rolls between damp paper towels in an airtight container. Chill spring rolls and the remaining sauce separately for up to 4 hours.
- In a blender or food processor combine parsley leaves; olive oil; vinegar; garlic, salt; red pepper; and black pepper. Cover and blend or process with several on/off pulses until chopped, but not pureed. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Veggie Spring Rolls with Chimichurri Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 152 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 125 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet