- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 sheetsfrozen phyllo dough (17x12-inch rectangles), thawed
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves
- 4 carrots, cut into matchstick-size strips (2 cups)
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped
1. Unroll phyllo dough; cover with plastic wrap. Remove one sheet and place on cutting board or flat surface; brush with margarine or butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered while working.) Arrange one-third of parsley in single layer over phyllo. Place another phyllo sheet on top of the first; brush with some of the butter. Cut phyllo in half crosswise.
2. Lay one-sixth of carrot strips, end to end, along the edge of one 12-inch side of phyllo; sprinkle with one-sixth of onion. Starting with the 12-inch side with carrots, roll up phyllo. Cut the phyllo roll into 4 diagonal pieces, each about 3 inches long. Repeat with remaining phyllo.
3. Repeat process with remaining 4 sheets of phyllo, butter, parsley, carrot, and green onion, making 24 wraps total. Brush any remaining butter on top of appetizers.
4. Place on cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to clean white paper towels; let stand 1 minute. Serve warm. Or, cool on wire rack. Makes 24 appetizer servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 44,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 7,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (RE) 299,
- vit. C (mg) 3,
- sodium (mg) 55,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet