- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 large green sweet pepper
- 1 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (4 to 6)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce*
- 4 ounces hot-style smoked salmon, flaked, with skin and bones removed
- Toasted whole grain baguette-style French bread slices, carrot sticks, and/or cucumber slices
1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Cut green pepper into quarters, removing stem, seeds, and membranes. Place pepper quarters, skin sides up, on prepared baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until pepper skins are charred. Wrap pepper quarters in the foil; let stand 15 to 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel off skin and discard. Chop pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in sour cream and milk until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the green onions; stir the remaining green onions, the garlic, paprika, and chipotle pepper into cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in salmon and chopped green pepper. Spread in a 1-quart au gratin dish.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through, stirring once halfway through baking. Sprinkle with reserved green onions. Serve warm with baguette slices, carrot sticks, and/or cucumber slices. Makes 12 (1/4 cup) servings
- Prepare as directed through step 2. Cover and store dip and reserved green onions in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until dip is heated through, stirring once halfway through baking. Serve as directed in step 3.
- Because chile peppers contain oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear rubber or plastic gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 81,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 24,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 192,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet