8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
ounces Gruyere or Swiss cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
ounces blue or feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
Skillet Roasted Tomato Topper or Apple-JalapenoTopper (see below)
- Let cheeses stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large food processor or mixing bowl combine cream cheese, gruyere cheese, and blue cheese. Process or beat until well combined.
- Line one 7-1/2x3-1/2x2-inch loaf pan or a 3-quart bowl with plastic wrap.
- For Skillet Roasted Tomato Topper, spread half the cheese mixture in pan or bowl; spoon half the topper over cheese. Cover and refrigerate remaining topper. Carefully spoon on remaining cheese mixture and spread evenly. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- For Apple-Jalapeno Topper, spread cheese mixture in loaf pan or bowl; cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, unmold cheese onto a serving platter, removing plastic wrap. Top with remaining topper. (If making Apple-Onion Topper, sprinkle with 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, if desired.) Serve cheese appetizers with crackers, flatbreads, fresh vegetables, or fruits. Makes 24 (2-tablespoon) servings.
Skillet Roasted Tomato Topper
tablespoon olive oil
cups quartered cherry tomatoes
tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
cloves garlic, minced
- In a skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add cherry tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, and tarragon. Simmer, uncovered, until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Apple Jalapeno Topper
medium Granny Smith or other tart apple, cored and chopped (1 cup)
cup chopped green onions
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- Combine apple, green onions, lemon juice, jalapeno pepper and sugar.
Nutrition Facts(Triple-Cheese Torta)
- Per serving:
- 104 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 106 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet