Tomato-Edamame Grilled Cheese
teaspoon canola oil
ounces frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
cup lemon juice
teaspoon ground cumin
cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
slices whole grain bread
tomato, thinly sliced
ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- For spread preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Slice off top 1/2 inch of garlic bulb. Leaving bulb whole, remove loose outer layers. Place bulb, cut side up, in custard cup. Drizzle with oil. Cover with foil; roast 15 minutes until soft. Cool.
- Meanwhile cook soybeans according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Squeeze 3 garlic cloves from bulb into food processor. Wrap and refrigerate remaining garlic for other use.
- Add cooked soybeans, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cumin to garlic in food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to bowl. Stir in parsley.
- For each sandwich spread 2 tablespoons soybean mixture on two slices whole grain bread. Top one bread slice with 1 ounce thinly sliced cheese and tomato slices. Add second bread slice. On nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet toast over medium-high heat, turning once. Makes 4 sandwiches plus 1 cup spread.
Nutrition Facts(Tomato-Edamame Grilled Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 332 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 20 mg chol.,
- 685 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 11 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet