Swiss Olive Galette
- Allow pie crust to stand at room temperature according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Roll pastry into an 11-inch circle on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook leeks and fennel in hot oil for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender but not brown. Remove from heat. Stir in olives and thyme. Cool slightly.
- Spread mixture in the center of the pastry, leaving a 1-1/2-inch rim uncovered on the edge. Fold uncovered pasty up over filling. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden. If desired, sprinkle with snipped fennel tops. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through step 3. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in step 4.
Nutrition Facts (Swiss Olive Galette)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 18 mg chol.,
- 303 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet