- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 15 ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (1 crust)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh fennel
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Snipped fresh fennel tops (optional)
1. Allow pie crust to stand at room temperature according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Roll pastry into an 11-inch circle on prepared baking sheet.
2. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook leeks and fennel in hot oil for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender but not brown. Remove from heat. Stir in olives and thyme. Cool slightly.
3. Spread mixture in the center of the pastry, leaving a 1-1/2-inch rim uncovered on the edge. Fold uncovered pasty up over filling. Top with cheese.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden. If desired, sprinkle with snipped fennel tops. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Prepare as directed through step 3. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in step 4.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 221,
- Fat, total (g) 15,
- chol. (mg) 18,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 16,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 5,
- sodium (mg) 303,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet