- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 30 mins to 35 mins 375°F
Swiss Olive Galette
15 ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (1 crust)
tablespoon olive oil
cup finely chopped leeks (white part only)
cup finely chopped fresh fennel
cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Snipped fresh fennel tops (optional)
- Allow pie crust to stand at room temperature according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Roll pastry into an 11-inch circle on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook leeks and fennel in hot oil for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender but not brown. Remove from heat. Stir in olives and thyme. Cool slightly.
- Spread mixture in the center of the pastry, leaving a 1-1/2-inch rim uncovered on the edge. Fold uncovered pasty up over filling. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden. If desired, sprinkle with snipped fennel tops. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through step 3. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in step 4.
Nutrition Facts (Swiss Olive Galette)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 18 mg chol.,
- 303 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet