- Makes: 18 servings
- Serving Size: 1 tartlet
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 20 mins 400°F
- Roast: 25 mins to 30 mins 400°F
Sweet Onion-Tomato Tartlets
cups grape tomatoes
sweet onion, quartered and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
teaspoon ground black pepper
tablespoon sherry vinegar
17.3 ounce package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
Manchego or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shavings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick tomatoes with a fork or the tip of a sharp knife. In an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan, combine tomatoes, onion, oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with vinegar; cool.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut pastry into rounds. Place rounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the roasted tomato mixture onto each pastry round. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are puffed and golden brown. Let stand on baking sheet for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with cheese. Makes about 18 tartlets.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Onion-Tomato Tartlets)
- Per serving:
- 154 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 196 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet