- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoon
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 350°F
Sweet and Spicy Toasted Almonds
ounces unblanched almonds or pecan halves (about 2 cups)
teaspoons butter (no substitutes)
tablespoon finely snipped fresh thyme
teaspoons brown sugar
teaspoon ground red pepper
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sizzling. Remove from heat. Stir in thyme, brown sugar, salt, and red pepper. Add almonds to butter mixture and toss to coat. Cool slightly before serving.
- To store, seal cooled nuts in an airtight container and store for up to 1 month in refrigerator or up to 3 months in freezer. Makes 16 (2-tablespoon) servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet and Spicy Toasted Almonds)
- 88 kcal cal.;
- 8 g Fat, total;
- 1 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 3 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 3 g pro.;
- 39 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet