- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Yields: about 4 cups
- Prep: 5 mins
- Bake: 13 mins to 17 mins 400°
- Cool: 20 mins
Sweet and Spicy Pecans
cups pecan halves
cup natural cane sugar
tablespoons fresh rosemary
tablespoon sea salt, plus more to taste
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven for 5 to 7 minutes to lightly toast.
- Meanwhile, for the spice mixture, in a small bowl combine the sugar, rosemary, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; stir to mix. In an extra-large bowl, combine the melted butter and vanilla. Add the toasted pecans to the bowl with butter and vanilla; toss to coat. remove the pecans from the oven and add them to the butter and vanilla mixture, tossing to coat. Add the spice mixture; toss to coat evenly with spices.
- Spread coated pecans to the same baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until toasted and fragrant, stirring once halfway through. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired. Cool pecans completely; they become more crisp as they cool. Store cooled pecans in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet and Spicy Pecans)
- Per serving:
- 240 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 293 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet