- Yields: about 6 cups
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
cup unpopped popcorn
tablespoons cooking oil
teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the unpopped popcorn and the water; set bowl aside. Pour the cooking oil into a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Add 2 or 3 kernels of unpopped popcorn; cover and cook over medium-high heat until you hear the kernels pop.
- Stir in sugar and, if desired, ground cinnamon. Carefully add the popcorn-water mixture.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat until the popping slows, shaking the saucepan constantly. Quickly remove the saucepan from the heat to prevent the sugar from scorching.
- Immediately pour the popcorn into a large bowl. Store tightly covered. Makes about 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Sugared Popcorn)
- Per serving:
- 66 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 8 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet