- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 50 baby zucchini or 100 green scallopini squash
- 1 3/4 pounds semi-soft cheese with garlic and herb
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh chives, tarragon, or thyme
1. Using a crinkle cutter, halve each zucchini lengthwise. Remove stems from scallopini squash and use a small melon baller or spoon to hollow out the squash.
2. Place cheese in large mixing bowl; stir in enough of the milk to make the cheese creamy and of piping consistency. Place cheese in a pastry bag fitted with an open round tip. Pipe or spoon the cheese on each zucchini half or into each hollowed out squash. Arrange in stacks on serving platter. Cover and chill up to 8 hours. Before serving sprinkle with herbs. Makes 100 appetizers.