- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons roasted red sweet peppers, finely chopped and well drained
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 5 ounce container semisoft cheese with garlic and herb
- 1 beaten egg
1. Line two baking sheets with foil; grease foil. Set aside.
2. For pastry, combine water and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add the 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well with wooden spoon after each addition until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese and roasted peppers.
3. Meanwhile, for filling, place spinach in a colander. Press the back of a wooden spoon against the spinach to force out any excess water. In a medium bowl stir together spinach, semisoft cheese, and the beaten egg.
4. Drop filling by level measuring teaspoons into mounds 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Place pastry dough in a pastry bag fitted with a 3/8-inch star tip. Pipe dough in circles around filling mounds, leaving filling uncovered in center.
6. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Makes 40 to 45 appetizers.
- Prepare and bake swirls as directed above. Remove from baking sheets, and cool on wire racks. Place in freezer containers and freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, place frozen swirls on greased baking sheets. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- cal. (kcal) 47,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 26,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (RE) 62,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 59,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet