Spicy Mustard Stir-Fry Bites
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high; add stir-fry strips. Cook and stir until browned. Drain off fat.
- For sauce, in a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker combine water, mustard, and fajita seasoning. Add browned chicken, pork, or beef, stirring to coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting, if available, for 6 to 7 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from cooker. Use two forks to shred meat. Discard juices in cooker.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among the warmed tortillas. Top with sweet pepper strips and, if desired, cilantro and/or green onion. Roll up tortillas. Using a serrated knife, cut filled tortillas crosswise into bite-size pieces. If desired, skewer with decorative toothpicks. makes about 25 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
To warm tortillas, stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat in a 350 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Some 1-1/2-quart slow cookers include variable heat settings; others offer only one standard (low) setting. The 1-1/2-quart slow cooker recipes in this book were only tested on the low-heat setting, if one was present.
Nutrition Facts(Spicy Mustard Stir-Fry Bites)
- Per serving:
- 47 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 131 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet