- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces American cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - 2 canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, chopped*
- 2 - 4 tablespoons milk
- Crusty French bread cubes or tortilla chips
1. In a heavy, medium saucepan combine American cheese, white wine, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and chipotle peppers. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Stir in enough of the milk to reach desired consistency. Transfer to a fondue pot; keep warm over a fondue burner.
2. Serve fondue immediately with bread cubes or tortilla chips. If the fondue mixture thickens, stir in some additional milk. Makes about 1 cup.
- Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 114,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 27,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 427,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet