- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Yields: 8 cups
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 3 hrs low, high 1-1/2 hours
Slow Cooker Rio Grande Dip
ounces bulk Italian sausage
small onion, finely chopped
15 ounce cans refried black beans
cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 ounces)
cups bottled salsa
4 ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Scoop-shape tortilla chips and/or corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in refried beans, the 1 1/2 cups cheese, the salsa, and chile peppers.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir well before serving. If desired, keep warm in the slow cooker on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Serve dip with tortilla and/or corn chips.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Rio Grande Dip)
- Per serving:
- 70 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 279 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet