- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans refried black beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups bottled salsa
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Scoop-shape tortilla chips and/or corn chips
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in refried beans, the 1 1/2 cups cheese, the salsa, and chile peppers.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Stir well before serving. If desired, keep warm in the slow cooker on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Serve dip with tortilla and/or corn chips.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 70,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 10,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 5,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 279,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet