Slow-Baked Tomatoes with Garlic and Mint
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Wash and drain tomatoes well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a nonreactive (such as earthenware) 2-quart baking dish place tomatoes in a single layer. Pour on olive oil so they are very well coated and there should be a thin layer (1/8 inch) of oil on bottom of dish. Toss in garlic, mint, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until tomato skins split and soften but tomatoes still retain their shape.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature. Spoon or mash over slices of toasted bread and serve with goat cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Slow-Baked Tomatoes with Garlic and Mint)
- Per serving:
- 178 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 423 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet