- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 45 mins 325°F
Slow-Baked Tomatoes with Garlic and Mint
pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
cup extra virgin olive oil
cloves garlic, peeled, split lengthwise and green shoot removed
bunch fresh mint, trimmed
teaspoons coarse or flake salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
toasted slices of rustic bread
Goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Wash and drain tomatoes well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a nonreactive (such as earthenware) 2-quart baking dish place tomatoes in a single layer. Pour on olive oil so they are very well coated and there should be a thin layer (1/8 inch) of oil on bottom of dish. Toss in garlic, mint, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until tomato skins split and soften but tomatoes still retain their shape.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature. Spoon or mash over slices of toasted bread and serve with goat cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Slow-Baked Tomatoes with Garlic and Mint)
- Per serving:
- 178 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 423 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet