- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 8 ounce container fat-free or light dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh or frozen large shrimp
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch-thick slices (about 1 pound total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel or lime peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups shredded fresh spinach, arugula, and/or romaine
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. For sauce, in a food processor or blender, combine sour cream, the sniped basil, the chives, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the black pepper. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
2. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. On long skewers,* alternately thread shrimp and zucchini, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. In a small bowl, combine oil, orange or lime peel, orange or lime juice, cayenne pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; brush evenly on shrimp and zucchini.
3. Place skewers on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill about 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once.
4. Arrange shredded greens on a serving platter. Top with skewers. If desired, garnish sauce with basil leaves. Serve sauce with skewers. Makes 6 servings.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in enough water to cover for 30 minutes; drain before using.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 171,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 108,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 10,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 447,
- Vegetables () 2,
- Very Lean Meat () 2,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet