Skewered Shrimp and Zucchini with Basil Cream Sauce
A whirled-together, fat-free basil-and-chive sour cream sauce makes a soothing counterpoint for the low-calorie cayenne- and orange-brushed shrimp in this grilled main dish recipe.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Grill: 10 mins
- For sauce, in a food processor or blender, combine sour cream, the sniped basil, the chives, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the black pepper. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. On long skewers,* alternately thread shrimp and zucchini, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. In a small bowl, combine oil, orange or lime peel, orange or lime juice, cayenne pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; brush evenly on shrimp and zucchini.
- Place skewers on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill about 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once.
- Arrange shredded greens on a serving platter. Top with skewers. If desired, garnish sauce with basil leaves. Serve sauce with skewers. Makes 6 servings.
If using wooden skewers, soak in enough water to cover for 30 minutes; drain before using.
- 171 kcal cal.;
- 6 g Fat, total;
- 108 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 10 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 19 g pro.;
- 447 mg sodium;
- 2 Very Lean Meat;
- 2 Vegetables;
- 1 Fat
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet