This shrimp appetizer has a traditional sauce of garlic, shallots, white wine, and lemon juice.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine butter and olive oil. Heat over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp, wine, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, stirring occasionally. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon; cover and keep warm.
- Continue to gently boil liquid in skillet, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in parsley and thyme.
- Return shrimp to skillet and toss gently to coat with liquid in skillet. Transfer to a serving dish; serve warm. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Scampi-Style)
- Per serving:
- 189 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 105 mg chol.,
- 388 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet