Sesame Crab and Brown Rice Cakes
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hot pepper sauce (if desired), honey, rice wine, sesame oil, and salt. Stir in bread crumbs, green onions, the 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, and the cilantro. Add crabmeat and cooked rice; mix well. Using moistened hands, shape crab mixture into eighteen 1/2-inch-thick patties.*
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add one-third of the crab cakes; cook about 10 minutes or until golden brown and heated through, turning once. If crab cakes brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium-low. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven while cooking the remaining crab cakes (add additional peanut oil as necessary).
- Serve crab cakes with Miso Vinaigrette and, if desired, sprinkle with additional sesame seeds. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare Miso Vinaigrette as directed. Transfer to an airtight container; cover and chill for up to 1 week.
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If necessary, chill the crab mixture for up to 4 hours to make it easier to shape into patties.
- In a blender, combine red miso, rice vinegar, peanut oil, toasted sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, and ginger. Cover and blend until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame Crab and Brown Rice Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 379 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 146 mg chol. ,
- 653 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.